The aim of the International Relations Office is to develop and coordinate the international activities of the students and staff of the Accademia di Belle Arti di Verona.
Some of the key activities of the Office include:
– Development and implementation of the strategic plan on internationalization;
– participation in international meetings aimed at comparison, research and networking.
– information, promotion and management and development of international mobility opportunities for students and staff, eg. the Erasmus+ program;
– evaluation and preparation of agreements with international partner universities and organizations;
– development of education, production and exchange programs with international partners in the framework of European and international programs, for example the degree course in Interior Architecture at Arab American University in Palestine – Ramallah campus and the Z Elements project within the Creative Europe program;
The internationalization strategy of the Accademia di Belle Arti di Verona follows three main guidelines to consolidate over the next five years:
Compared to point 1. the Academy from 2013 participates in the Socrates program, then Erasmus+ action KA103, finding a constant increase in mobility and interest from students and staff.
Compared to point 3 in 2018 the Academy has participated in the international cooperation activity (TCA) “Paths towards Citizenship through European Cultural Heritage” promoted by the Erasmus+ program, aimed at the development of new partnerships through the acquisition of awareness on the values of cultural heritage shared in particular for the Mediterranean area.
In this context the representatives of the Academy got in touch with the delegates of the Arab American University of Palestine (AAUP). The Director and some professors of the ABAVR School of Design, in collaboration with the staff of the Palestinian University, conceived and designed a 1st level degree course in Interior Architecture, successfully started by AAUP in the academic year 2019/20.
Under point 2, since 2019 the Academy also participates in the European project Z Elements, promoted by the Fundacion Municipal de Cultura de Avilés (Spain), in collaboration with Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool Antwerpen (Belgium), Ecole Superieure Eropeenne d’Art de Bretagne (France), Association Kulturanova Udruzenje (Serbia), with the support of Creative Europe – Culture Sub programme of the European commission/executive Agency for Education, Culture & Audiovisual.
The project aims to develop a residency program among the five partners involved, to explore through which processes and modalities some artistic expressions can involve and attract a young audience. In parallel, Z Elements aims to facilitate the participation of young people in the artistic sector through their involvement in the elaboration and digitization of content related to artistic expressions that will be realized during the residencies and through a training program focused on new technologies.
The geographical areas with which the Academy has had contacts so far within the Erasmus Programme have been in order: Spain (2004), Czech Republic (2007), Belgium (2009), Romania (2009), Turkey (2009), Lithuania (2011), Sweden (2011). Thanks to the Intensive Programs mentioned above, contacts have also been extended to Austrian, British, Portuguese, Irish, Slovak and German institutions.